Thursday, January 29, 2009

40 week update

Went to the doctor again today. We had a NST (non-stress test) done to check Finly's heartbeat. We also had an ultra sound to check fluids. Still have a soft cervix but only a fingertip dilation. After talking with our doctor we've decided to not do the induction on Sunday. If we go in on Sunday to start the induction we'll have a 50/50 chance of a c-section. If we wait, I can go on my own, or the longer we wait the more I can dilate on my own and decrease the chance of a c-section. With waiting our odd are 20/80 for a c-section, I like those odds much better! So the plan now is, we would go in on Thursday at 7pm, and would have the baby on Friday, February 6th. The 6th is also Michael's grandmother's 91st Birthday!

So...we wait!

1 comment:

muffinandbear said...

I know it's hard - but you made the right decision for you. And I know that you wanted to be at work through January :)

We should start a poll to see WHEN you will have Finly. I'm going with Wednesday.