Thursday, July 16, 2009

Relay for Life!

July 11th - I want to thank everyone for their continued support of me and my team in the Relay for Life. This year was our 12th year and over the last 12 years we've raised over $80,000. As always, we had a great time, got to catch up with everyone and a "dirty" cake made an appearance. This year J was the recipient of the cake to celebrate his 50th birthday. Steve was the brave one to order and pick up the cake. :) Toni didn't make it out this year because she just had baby Lucas two weeks prior. This years team consisted of: J Buell, Steve Steres (who brought Carly and Addi), Jennifer Rattner, Jen & Dave Randolph, Terri Miller, Michelle Rice, Christy Newell (she brought James and Jaxon) and myself.
Michael was in Milwaukee, so we asked Grammy and Papa to watch Lily so I could participate in the Relay. They were kind enough to bring Lily over after dinner. I didn't bring my camera, but I know a few pictures we're taken. I'll post them when I get them. This was the first time I didn't spend the night, believe it or not, I missed it. I look forward to the Relay every year. Next year, Michael and I will make sure that we don't have a schedule conflict so I can stay the night again. Grammy and Papa did offer to keep Lily over night, but she hasn't been sleeping thru the night lately, we think it's from teething. Thanks again everyone!

No comments: